Rubber Ducky



Rubber Ducky Construction


One of the assignments that I have worked on in Rhino was Rubber Ducky. The purpose of the project was to educate myself on how to use blend, rebuild, and control points in order to manipulate objects into shapes.

To make the duck I first rebuilt a sphere and manipulated it into the proper rubber duck body shape. Once I was satisfied I created a smaller sphere and did the same thing as I did previously to create the beak. Once the head and body was done I placed them when I wanted to and blended the pieces together to make a neck.


Once my Rubber Ducky was created (their name is Ferdinand by the way and they say hello) I added materials to my objects to color it. Once they were nice and handsome I added a backdrop  and lighting to enhance their looks.


As you can see Ferdinand is FABULOUS!


There is always room to improve as time passes I continue to learn more on Rhino.  If I were to return to this project I would like to explore how to make it more like a true rubber duck shape,  add some fun ducky accessories, and improve the rendering.

Comments