Toy Hammer

Toy Hammer


On this assignment in Rhino I was tasked with creating a Toy Hammer. I was given the initial white outline and a diagram with the measurements (displayed below). I started the project by first creating the basic outline of each component using polyline, arc, and circle tools. I made sure to carefully use my resources and used the measurements provided and the basic white outline.


After completing the outline I began to extrude the pieces at the top of the hammer and revolve the hammer head. After completing the head of the hammer and unioning the pieces together I moved on to the neck and handle of the toy. For these pieces a closed shape was created and a curve between the two points I wanted to connect was made. I used the Sweep Rails commands to make the neck and handle of the hammer.


After completing the basic construction I returned to fillet the toy hammer's edges and add details like the hole in the handle and created a gap at the back of the hammer head that you use to remove nails.
Once I was satisfied with my finishing touches I returned to the hammer to render it.


I found this assignment to be fairly enjoyable (and frustrating). I enjoyed using my learned skills to create a form with specific measurements. To me this allowed me to get a feel for one of Rhinos many useful applications, recreating a real life or even imagined object. I was frustrated trying to recreate the measurements though because I kept reading them wrong or the wrong ones so it was my bad but still frustrating.


Here is a gif of its basic construction.


With the Rhino skills I have learned in this class I am confident that if I were to recreate this I could add some of my own customizations like a brand engraving or make other tools. /this would allow me to defeat my demons and master the measurement aspect and I could also learn to scale by recreating other tools.

Comments